If there's one thing that living in America has taught me, it's that celebrities are interesting. Now that doesn't mean they're good, bad, horrible, horrible people, or what have you; just that they're interesting. Since coming to America a second time - this time for university - I've been repeatedly subjected to Kesha or "Ke$ha" (clever, clever girl), and what a character she is.
- I'm not sure if she does it on purpose or she just sounds like that, but the intoxication is an essence of her voice, and the auto-tune only makes it more pronounced.
- She models her makeup after A Clockwork Orange...
- She's not even attractive; her slutty demeanor just compells people to think she is.
- She dresses like a homeless person
- She may or may not hav…Read more >
And so it begins! One African nation left as the final rounds commence. With South Africa gone (and embarassingly so) I'm torn between supporting my continent in Ghana, or my ancestors in the Netherlands. Fortunately, for now I can do both as the two are not facing eachother. Not only are the Netherlands playing against my most hated nation of Brazil, but they're doing so in my hometown of Port Elizabeth! Such a beautiful, beutiful thing.
Well, I'll stop rambling now. I'm just so excited! Die krag van 'n nasie na Nederland!!!Read more >
Since I've got over an hour of sitting at the gate, I thought I'd write a blog:
Wow, and I thought the news was just exagerating! The security/customs in American airports is outrageous! I understand why, though. I just arrived at Miami International twenty minutes ago, and already my carry-on has been checked twice - and this is just a layover! On top of that, security patrols keep looking at me like they want to tackle me. Maybe I just look like a rabble rouser... I feel like I'm in an episode of Banged Up Abroad (Locked Up Abroad if you're American).
Anyway, from what I can tell, Miami is beautiful. I kind of wish I could stay here instead of throwing away the rest of my southern hemisphere summer to go live in snowy Colorado. Oh, and spe…Read more >
If you ever visit the great "nation" of South Africa, keep the following points in mind -- they could save your life.
Before I began, I'd like to clarify that I myself am White. My name is Evangelos "Ross" van Benschoten... doesn't get much more Dutch than that.
- Every race is undesirable in South Africa. If it were up to us, only animals would live here.
- 90% of South Africans are Black. 88% of top business executive management possissions are held by Whites, however.
- The thing where Wikus and MNU ilegally evict all Prawns from District 9 -- that actually happened. See: 
- If a White South African sees too many Black people in a given time, a psychological melt-down can occur in which said person will immediatly seek refuge in Canada.
- Warren Eck…