|Chronological and political information|
Light Infantry Edit
The most common variant of these soldiers, they wear either black and white suits with armor and clothing filled with Marker symbols. The snow suit variants are equipped with more light-colored suits. They are equipped with Bull-pup rifles, hand- and stasis grenades. They wear light armor and die relatively quickly, with a single shot to the head.
Suicide Bombers Edit
These bombers are quite rare, only 3 are met in the whole game. They start running towards the players far away and can be easily recognized by the red marking of the hand grenade they are wielding. Coming closer to the player, they start yelling for example "One mind, one body!" and other religious quotes of the Unitology. They die instantly by any sort of weapon but can kill the player easily if one lets them get close enough. They appear to be part of the light infantry and are possibly hurt in some way, with a suicide being the fastest option to die.
Heavy Infantry Edit
There are two Infantry variants of this type, shotgunners and bazooka-wielders. The shotgunners wear almost entirely black suits with a skull-like paint on the face mask and some Marker symbols in some areas. They are more armored than the light Infantry variants, able to even withstand a shotgun blast to the chest area as well as a shot to the head on higher difficulties. They come equipped with a shotgun. They try to run on front of the players and shoot them while the rifle soldiers in the background attempt to take the players out from distance.
The second type are equipped with a customized rocket launcher consisting of a modified variant of the heavy standard frame, survey charge and a directed suspension field tip as well as a rocket holster on their back. They also wear some sort of protective goggles. They come equipped with grey and white armor and have about the same amount of health as the light Infantry men. They can be easily recognized from the four beams of orange right coming from the suspension field tip. The rocket, which the soldiers launch, can be grabbed with kinesis and be used against them if wanted to or against nearby enemies.
Necromorph variants Edit
When infected, the soldiers will become either Fodders, Shamblers or Slashers. Usually this happens when the Swarm are around but sometimes they can be encountered emerging from vents (such as the Drill part) and from the snow. Shamblers can be found whenever there are dead bodies of the fanatics lying on the ground. They appear to have as much health as the other common, non-enhanced Slasher and Fodder as well as the other Shambler variants.
- The heavy shotgunners appear to be voiced by Steve Blum.
- Some of the fanatics are voiced by Gavin Hammon.
- In normal and above difficulties, one should be cautious to circle members armed with shotguns and rocket launchers. Damage from a shotguns can easily put Isaac on yellow or below, and a direct hit from a rocket launcher will instantly kill Isaac.
- Shot rockets and thrown grenades can be grabbed with kinesis and threw back at Circle soldiers. This is very useful when Isaac or Carver is low on ammo.
- They are shown using 200 year old S.C.A.F. bullpup rifles and shotguns, despite not yet having discovered the abandoned S.C.A.F. colony on Tau Volantis. This is likely a limitation of the game as more contemporary weapons, such as the SWS Motorized Pulse Rifle, do not make a proper appearance in the game.
- Even though they are shown using weapons similar to Isaac and Carver's, their weapons can not be picked up for parts or resources.
- The heavy standard frame utilized by the soldiers is missing the lower part of the tool as compared to the variant which can be crafted by the player.