- "Okay everyone. 15 minutes for recess! Play nice!"
- —school automated announcer
The Elementary School contains various classrooms, and caters for different age groups ranging from infants to young adolescents. The exterior of the school contains a display window showing off the schools various trophies, and the welcome door, adorned with greetings in several different languages, contains a painting of two children playing.
The Schools interior contains small lockers that are used by the children to keep their schooling needs, and various personal belongings. With a yellow carpet with red squares lining the hallways throughout the school, and giant yellow stars hang from the hallway ceilings. Each hallway is dotted with art work made by the children, and notice boards dedicated to informing the children. The school mascot is the 'Space Tiger'.
Each classroom is set up in an order from youngest to oldest each with its own facilities to deal with the age group. With small tables and chairs lined in such an order they look at the teacher, or recreational purpose.
The school also has its own infirmary, recreational court, cafeteria that doubles as a gym as well as a stage, and an exit playground that children would play in as they wait for their parents to pick them up. The playground is attached to an elevator which takes people straight to the Transport Hub.
The school had problems before the Necromorph outbreak where the children had disciplinary problems, and due to the fact that they were mostly in confined quarters they had begun to go crazy and experiencing in seeing visions of deceased relatives due to the influence of the Site 12 Marker.
- The elementary school also serves as a Multiplayer Map titled as "The Academy" for Dead Space 2, part of the Outbreak Map Pack.
- Posters for a school play titled, "The Metamorphosis" can be seen all throughout the building. This is a nod to the real life Novella by the same name, written by Franz Kafka.
- According to Dead Space: Ignition, there is another school located in the Inverted City.
- While passing through, you see four windows making a quadrilateral. The colors used are red, green, yellow, and blue. The shape and placement of colors make up the logo for Windows.
- According to an (unknown) Dead Space 2 developer, the Sun pop-out on the Stage was almost cut from the game.
- There are several drawn pictures seen throughout the school that appear to be Slashers.