- "Okay everyone. 15 minutes for recess! Play nice!"
- —school automated announcer
The Elementary School contained various classrooms and caters for different age groups ranging from infants to young adolescents. The exterior of the school contained a display window showing off the schools various trophies and the welcome door adorned with greetings in several different languages contained a painting of two children playing.
The school's interior contained small lockers that are used by the children to keep their schooling needs and various personal belongings with a yellow carpet with red squares lining the hallways throughout the school and giant yellow stars hung from the hallway ceilings. Each hallway was dotted with art work made by the children and notice boards dedicated to informing the children. The school mascot was the 'Space Tiger'.
Each classroom was set up in an order from youngest to oldest each with it's own facilities to deal with the age group. With small tables and chairs lined in such an order, they looked at the teacher or recreational purpose.
The school also had it's own infirmary, recreational court, cafeteria that doubled as a gym as well as a stage and an exit playground that children would play in as they wait for their parents to pick them up. The playground was attached to an elevator which took people straight to the Transport Hub.
The school had problems before the Necromorph outbreak where the children had disciplinary problems and due to the fact that they are mostly in confined quarters, they began to go crazy and seeing visions of deceased relatives due to the influence of the Site 12 Marker. Some began even seeing visions of the creatures way before the outbreak began, judging by the artwork found throughout the school.
- A log states that some children were starting to get restless, which was suspected to be caused by living in space. However, in truth, it was the Marker that caused them to get irrational.
- The elementary school also served as a Multiplayer Map titled as "The Academy" for Dead Space 2, part of the Outbreak Map Pack.
- Posters for a school play titled, "The Metamorphosis" can be seen all throughout the building. This is a nod to the real life Novella by the same name, written by Franz Kafka.
- According to Dead Space: Ignition, there was another school located in the Inverted City.
- While passing through, you see four windows making a quadrilateral. The colors used are red, green, yellow, and blue. The shape and placement of colors make up the logo for Windows.
- According to an (unknown) Dead Space 2 developer, the Sun pop-out on the Stage was almost cut from the game.
- There are several drawn pictures seen throughout the school that appear to be Slashers.