A timeline is a chronological list of events that occur within a certain period of time or century. In regards to Dead Space, several events within the given universe occur and give credence to the primary events that transpire in the primary Dead Space games. The following page serves as both a general order of events and a disambiguation page for all events relating to Dead Space. As with all transmedia, conflicts and discrepancies in the canon may arise as a result of developer oversight.
65 million years ago
- A meteorite from somewhere in space hits Earth, killing Dinosaurs and almost everything on the planet.
- The Black Marker is exposed from the meteorite and is now resting on the depths of Gulf Coast of Mexico.
- Two million years ago
- Alien inhabitants of Tau Volantis discover a Black Marker.
- Aliens build Red Markers across the planet's surface in hopes of harboring more energy for their uses.
- The Black Marker triggers a Convergence Event, creating a Brother Moon.
- The Aliens construct a machine, flash freezing their planet, and halting the Convergence
- New Horizons Lunar Colony is Established.
- Earth Government discovers and seizes an alien artifact on the Yucatán peninsula in Mexico Headed by Michael Altman.
- The Entire excavation team is driven mad by the power of the Black Marker (Except Altman).
- People are driven mad by the Marker, and worship it and Altman.
- First appearance of necrotic recombinant Human-origin forms.
- Michael Altman reveals the existence of the Black Marker to the public.
- Michael Altman Destroys the Marker.
- Michael Altman is killed by Eath Gov agents enthralled by the marker (March 15).
- Altman's Death is used as martyrdom. Thus the birth of the Church of Unitology. 
- Unitology becomes a global religion, then interstellar religion as its membership spreads to off-world colonies. 
- Riots break out in reaction to Altman's death; the government is unable to successfully quell the rioters.
- The USG Ishimura is launched.
- The Resource Wars begin.
- Zach Hammond is born.
- Isaac Clarke is born.
- Kendra Daniels is born.
- Wanat Disaster: three supply ships, one planet-cracker, and a CEC colony are lost to gravity tether failure.
- The CEC illegally enters the Aegis Cluster.
- CEC prospectors scan various planets; Aegis VII is shown to have extremely valuable mineral deposits.
- The CEC constructs a colony on Aegis VII.
- CEC personnel begin preparing Aegis VII for planet crack.
- 4 weeks prior
- Aegis VII Colony experiences increasing cases of insomnia and dementia.
- 1 week prior
- The USG Ishimura arrives on station above Aegis VII.
- 2 days prior
- The USG Ishimura commences with the Aegis VII planet crack.
- Significant interference jams communications between the Ishimura and the Aegis VII Colony.
- The colony comes under attack from numerous necrotic recombinant forms that are Human in origin.
- The Aegis VII Colony Shuttleport Disaster destroys five of the six emergency shuttles on the ground and kills numerous colonists.[note 3]
- Almost all CEC personnel on Aegis VII are killed; the necrotic recombinant organism is brought on board the Ishimura.
- The USG Ishimura is compromised, as the organism multiplies and spreads quickly throughout the ship.
- The Captain is killed[note 4] and all emergency shuttles are mysteriously launched with no one aboard.[note 5]
- All decks of the USG Ishimura are compromised; some sections remain isolated, however.
- The majority of the ship's personnel are killed.
- Unknown Year
- The events of Dead Space: Salvage occur.
- Magpies discover the derelict Ishimura.
- Earth Government recovers the Ishimura.
Events of Dead Space 3 Awakened
Isaac Clarke and John Caver wake up after survivng the fall when they destroyed The Tau Volantis Moon.
A new leader takes control of the the circle after Jacobs death.
The Brethren Moons initiate their attack on Earth.