- "Come on you bastard, I can do this all day."
- —Vandal after defeating the Boss
The Boss attacks by lashing its tongue out at Vandal, as well as firing projectiles at her from its tentacles. Only during the end will the Boss actually attack using its mouth (in this case only if you fail to kill it within the time limit). The Boss' tongue has several blades on the tip, used to cause harm Vandal. It attacks with its tongue in several ways; by swinging across the floor to trip Vandal, by shooting it out, and by slamming it onto the platform that Vandal stands on (which also instantly kills any Necromorph it touches. It will signal this attack by lifting its head. ) It also attacks by shooting blades out of two of its arms like a Lurker. The Boss also has some control over other Necromorphs; during the battle, it calls upon several different Necromorphs for aid. Having a fully upgraded RIG can make this battle somewhat easier. Wait for it to lift its head, revealing the four tumor-like growths. Note that using the Corer's secondary attack is easier for taking out the growths continuously, but a faster weapon can be more suitable (such as an upgraded Plasma Cutter). Shoot them and it will start to reveal more weak spots. Watch out for Slashers, Exploders, and Lurkers that will try to distract you from the battle. The Boss' tongue attack will kill Necromorphs instantly (as mentioned earlier), so avoid them and preserve your ammunition. It is easier to get them killed with the tongue if they are under Stasis, so use this to your advantage. They will drop credits or ammo after being killed, whether you or The Boss killed it. In order to reveal the weak spots on its tentacles, you must first shoot both the weak spots on its chest that correlate with the tentacle you want to shoot. Note that even after shooting and destroying one tentacle, the weak spots on its chest grow back, but shooting them then is just a waste of ammo and time. After shooting the two tentacles holding the Boss up it will collapse and hang onto the floor. Shoot the tentacles and activate the Core control panel to enter the final part of the fight. During this time, the weak spot on the Boss' head will be exposed. You must destroy it to win the fight, the Core Extractor's secondary fire is recommended for this. After winning the core reactor will seem to crush the Boss, sending it into the core. The Boss will grab Vandal's leg and attempt to drag her in. Her helmet falls off, but she crawls up. She makes an audio log and a cry for help, saying that she is badly hurt (despite how much health is left on your RIG). Her fate is unknown, but it can be assumed she was killed along with everything else that was left on the Sprawl when it was destroyed.
- The Peng Treasure is found behind the core control panel used to defeat the Boss.
- When you are shooting at its weak spots, the Boss makes the same sounds as the Hive Mind.
- The Boss possesses attacks normally associated to other Necromorphs (i.e. the Lurker's tentacle blasts, the Hive Mind's drag tentacles, the external organs and the inner mouth.
- The Boss may be an immature Hive Mind. What supports this is the song that plays during the final boss fight, which is "The Hive Mind", the song that plays during the Hive Mind fight in Dead Space.
- If you shoot the yellow weak spot on the Boss' head, the final cinematic will roll until the credits.
- If you fail however, Vandal will try to aim for the weak spot, but the Boss will grab Vandal with its mouth and chew on her. The Boss then throws Vandal into the air and bites down on her body, decapitating her. While the Boss devours her body, the camera closes up on her severed head.