|Standard Astronaut RIG|
30% Damage Resistance
The Standard Astronaut RIG, sometimes called the Astro Suit, has a 30% damage resistance rating. Like all DLC suits it has the full 25 inventory slots. It stands out as one of the only suits with no armor plating, as it is only an orange/red jumpsuit with a gray helmet, which is ironic, as it has the same armor rating as the Level 6 Military Suit, the second best suit in the game.
The Astronaut Pack was released as Downloadable Content on November 13, 2008. It is available for $3.00/240 MS Points. It includes a Level 5 Suit and skins for 3 weapons. It can also be purchased on the PlayStation Store as part of a $10.00 bundle pack with all of the downloadable content for Dead Space.
The Astronaut Pack features the Astronaut Suit, and new skins for the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle and Ripper.
The Astronaut Pack is a skin pack, and features no upgrades in comparison to the specifications of the standard original RIGs and weapons from the game. The Astronaut Suit has an armour index of 30%, matching (but not exceeding) the Level 6 Military Suit's armour index (the only DLC Suit to do this), and comes with all 25 inventory slots available. The weapons do not exceed the specifications of their standard originals.
- The Astronaut Pack includes new skins of the Plasma Cutter, Ripper, and Pulse Rifle. They have the same orange/red scheme as the armor. Note that they have no effect on the weapon's stats.
- A simpler variant of the Astronaut Suit is seen and used many times during the course of Dead Space: Extraction in vacuum areas.
- This suit, among all other suits, is the least purchased, while the Tank RIG and the Scorpion RIG are in a tie between purchases.
- At the end of Dead Space 2, when Ellie Langford appears in the Gunship to rescue Isaac, she can be seen wearing this suit (though with a much less advanced visor made entirely of glass).
- A rare glitch while wearing this suit and reloading any weapon, will cause the health bar to "bend" outward as if Isaac was in walking position.
- This suit resembles the Advanced Suit from Dead Space 2, with a pointed helmet front.
- The suit is similar to the E.V.A. Suit from Dead Space 3.
- It is the only DLC RIG in Dead Space having a completly unqiue design and not simply a reskin.