- "The Human team has orders from Tiedemann to deliver the firing coordinates to the Solar Array."
- —Mulitiplayer Objective.
The Solar Array is what powered Titan Station until it was replaced by fusion reactors. Isaac successfully reactivates the Array in Chapter 7. However sometime in Chapter 9, Tiedmann's men deliver firing coordinates to the Array, causing it to separate the Government Sector from the rest of the station.
This is also one of the seven multiplayer maps in Dead Space 2 Multiplayer.
The Solar Array is composed of an outer rim, where dishes send sunlight to the center column. The center column itself sends the energy to the station. It has fallen out of use and two of the three panels are misaligned. There are several oxygen refill stations situated around the array. This is for gameplay reasons, as it is very hard to align the panels with the standard 120 seconds of oxygen. When aligned, sunlight is reflected to the center column, which winds up and sends the sunlight down to the generator, which creates power. The first Nest of the game can also be found here.
The Solar Array is where the Security Team are sent in by Director Hans Tiedemann to deliver firing coordinates to the Array. The team is attacked by the Necromorph swarms that have begun streaming up to the station.
- The Solar Array beam was used to destroy the train tracks upon which Isaac Clarke and his allies were traveling upon in Chapter 9.
- When a multiplayer match begins you can hear them say "One of Tiedemann's patients has sabotaged the solar array." This is a lie, as Isaac actually fixed the array.
- It is possible that the sabotage they are referring to is Isaac destroying the ANTI computer mainframe.
- If the humans win a round on this map one of them may say "So much for Tiedemann's patient," or "The Array is firing. He can't survive that," reinforcing that this map is set during Chapter 9.
- You can see the Ishimura from the Array during Chapter 7.