- "The Human team has orders from Tiedemann to deliver the firing coordinates to the Solar Array."
- —Mulitiplayer Objective.
The Solar Array was what powered Titan Station until it was replaced by fusion reactors. Isaac successfully reactivated the Array in Chapter 7. However, sometime in Chapter 9, Tiedmann's men delivered the firing coordinates to the Array, causing it to separate the Government Sector from the rest of the station.
This was also one of the seven multiplayer maps in Dead Space 2 Multiplayer.
The Solar Array was composed of an outer rim where dishes sent sunlight to the center column. The center column itself sent the energy to the station. It fell out of use and two of the three panels are misaligned. There are several oxygen refill stations situated around the array. This was for gameplay reasons as it was very hard to align the panels with the standard 120 seconds of oxygen. When aligned, sunlight was reflected to the center column which winded up and sent the sunlight down to the generator which created power. The first Nest of the game could also be found here.
The Solar Array was where the Security Team are sent in by Director Hans Tiedemann to deliver the firing coordinates to the Array. The team was attacked by the Necromorphs that are streaming up to the station.
- The Solar Array beam was used to destroy the train tracks upon which Isaac Clarke and his allies were traveling upon in Chapter 9. This implies that canonically, the Security Team sent in successfully completed the mission, despite fierce resistance from the Necromorphs.
- Ironically, were it not for the efforts of the Security Team sent in, Isaac would not have turned to the gravity tethers of the USG Ishimura for access to the Government Sector.
- When a multiplayer match begins you can hear them say "One of Tiedemann's patients has sabotaged the solar array." This is a lie, as Isaac actually fixed the array.
- It is possible that the sabotage they are referring to is Isaac destroying the ANTI computer mainframe.
- If the humans win a round on this map one of them may say "So much for Tiedemann's patient," or "The Array is firing. He can't survive that," reinforcing that this map is set during Chapter 9.
- You can see the Ishimura from the Array during Chapter 7.