|Advanced Soldier RIG|
30% Damage Resistance
Features 25 inventory slots
The Advanced Soldier RIG is a fatigue and body armor assembly designed for combat use, and is standard issue protective wear for EDF Marines and Sailors.
The assembly is composed primarily of dark grey, vacuum-rated fatigues bearing a number of utility pockets, and white body armor plates, including armored boots, a cuirass, cuisses, spaulders, rerebraces, vambraces, and a head-enclosing combat helmet.
The breastplate bears an insignia which may represent the Earth Defense Force or the USM Valor.
- The RIG is not featured in Dead Space 2.
- The Soldier RIG costs 99,000 Credits and is available for purchase after loading a "Cleared Game" save. Once loaded, head towards a Store (which is first seen near the tram at the end of Chapter One).
- The Soldier RIG is the second best RIG in the game with a total of 30% damage resistance, the first being the Advanced Unitologist RIG which has a total of 60% damage resistance.
- The red stripes above the right eye-slit may be a form of rank insignia.
- If the player rotates the camera to face Isaac's helmet, while near a wall, the light from the eyes will disappear.
- The suit bears a resemblance to the Imperial stormtroopers' armor from the Star Wars franchise. The helmet also looks like the EOD Helmet from the Halo series of video games.
- The Advanced Soldier RIGs worn by the Marines and Sailors encountered on the USM Valor seem to differ from the RIG worn by Isaac, namely in their inclusion of a left shoulder spaulder and their stripped down helms: whereas Isaac's combat helmet fully encapsulates his head, those worn by Valor personnel seem only to consist of a mask fitted to the head via solid band. As well, Isaac seems to wear a balaclava and gridded lower mouth guard.
- The Soldier Suit and EarthGov Security Suit featured in Dead Space 2 are also military-issue combat wear, but differ markedly in appearance.
- If one looks closely at the face of the helmet, it holds a very faint resemblance to a human skull minus a lower jaw (complete with a hole corresponding to the nasal area).
- It is possible that the Advanced Soldier RIG first superseded the Legionary Suit and is a Marines variant of the Soldier Suit.
- John Carver's Special Forces Suit bears a strong resemblance to this RIG.
- Robort Norton's suit has the symbol of the EDF on the left breast of the suit; the same symbol located on the right breast of the Soldier suit.
- It is worth noticing that the suit itself lacks a holo-viewer.