Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hydraulic Engines are the Dead Space 3 iteration of melee weapons. They are fairly powerful Lower Tools that can be attached to various weapons, boosting their usefulness up close. They swing faster and with more power than Isaac's or Carver's melee punch, and so are ideal for encounters in which room to manoeuvre is limited.
Hydraulic Engines begin to appear once Isaac and Carver enter the CMS Terra Nova.
Hydraulic Engines are melee-oriented power tools that expend universal ammo per swing. These tools can only be used as Lower Tools. The default setting of the Hydraulic Engine allows the tool to be swung like a cutter, the form of cutter varies depending on the type of frame the Engine was attached to (for example, default Compact tips result in Hydraulic Knives). Various tips can be fitted to enhance the combat efficiency of the weapon.
- Default Tip [Hydraulic Eviscerator]: Allows tool to be run like a chainsaw. Holds 4 rounds by default. +1 round for the first Clip Upgrade, +0.5 rounds for each additional Clip Upgrade.
- Conic Dispersal [Hydraulic Hammer]: Allows tool to be swung like a hammer. Inflicts more damage than the Default Tip. Holds 4 rounds be default. +1 round for the first Clip Upgrade, +0.5 rounds for each additional Clip Upgrade.
- Marauder Tip [Hedgetrimmer]: Produces the Marauder Hedgetrimmer. Only available with the Marauder Pack DLC. Holds 6 rounds by default. Nearly +1 round per Clip Upgrade (third Clip Upgrade does nothing, but a fourth and fifth add one round each again.)
- Default Tip [Hydraulic Knife]: Allows tool to be thrust like a knife. Holds 4 rounds by default. +1 round for the first Clip Upgrade, +0.5 rounds for each additional Clip Upgrade.
- No producible tips are available for the Hydraulic Engine on a Compact Frame.
- Upgrading this tool's Rate of Fire and Damage can can result in a devastating melee weapon, capable of lightning-fast strikes capable of knocking Necromorphs within range back, if not outright killing them. If using the Hedgetrimmer configuration, investing in the Clip size upgrades can allow for prolonged slashing.
- Hydraulic Hammers, when Rate of Fire is upgraded, can be very effective in quickly and heavily damaging enemies up close.