|Hostile Environment Suit|
The Hostile Environment Suit is an unlockable RIG suit in Dead Space 3.
- "Issued to S.C.A.F. research scientists on Tau Volantis, the hostile environment suit is designed to withstand the ionizing radiation emanating from the planet's mantle."
- —Suit Kiosk description
The Hostile Environment Suit can only be accessed in Dead Space 3 upon completion of every optional mission within the game, including the Co-op missions.
The suit is a re-coloured version of the Elite Suit. For Isaac, the suit has a digital arctic camouflage covering the majority of the outermost layer of the suit, whilst Carver's version has a digital brown/ mountain colour-scheme.
The suit has a crest on the left pauldron with the picture of what appears to be a lion or a wolf with "S.C.A.F." printed above it in yellow.
The Hostile environment suit was issued to S.C.A.F research scientists on Tau Volantis to protect S.C.A.F personnel from ionizing radiation emanated from the planet's mantle.
All optional missions, including Co-Op only missions, must be completed to unlock the Hostile Environment Suit, unless playing on Classic Mode, as Classic Mode does not allow for co-op play which greatly reduces the mission count required to obtain the armor.
- This suit is highly reminiscent of the Arctic Security Suit in Dead Space 2.
- Likewise, Carver's version is reminiscent of the EarthGov Security Suit in Dead Space 2.
- This suit has been unaccessible for many players due to a glitch in the game (glitch has not been fixed yet).
- A bug on early copies of the PS3 version causes this RIG to disappear from the game upon downloading the Awakened DLC. If this RIG was equipped when Awakened was installed, loading the saved game or starting from a chapter would cause the game to crash. The only way to resume operational playing is to start the game from either the Prologue, Chapter 1 or begin a New Game/New Game +.