Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Date of birth:
Date of death:
|Chronological and political information|
- ""The research in that Marker is worth every life we just lost! I won't let you throw all this away!""
- —Tiedemann to Isaac
Hans Tiedemann was the Director of Operations aboard Titan Station. As the highest civil authority on the station, he ordered the evacuation of the station once he became aware of the Necromorph outbreak that spread from below in the Titan Mines.
Dead Space iOSEdit
As one of the main characters Dead Space (Mobile), Tiedemann leads Engineer Karrie Norton (Vandal) throughout the Titan Station's underbelly, citing it is her responsibility to fix the damage she's caused in the Government Sector. He shows no signs of knowing about Tyler Radikov's influence on Norton's actions.
When he discovers that she shut down power to the automatic seals of the station, he orders Vandal to go to the station's Reactor Core before it overheats and destroys the station. Norton manages to destroy the cause of the Core's problem, a massive Necromorph, but is severely injured in the process. Tiedemann does not respond to her hails when she attempts to tell him she neutralized the problem in the Reactor Core.
Dead Space 2Edit
Unable to control the outbreak, Tiedemann declares martial law and orders an immediate evacuation of all personnel aboard the station. In succession, he also orders the elimination of "Key subjects" tied to previous Necromorph outbreaks, which include Lexine Weller, Nolan Stross and Isaac Clarke. Graffiti covered posters of him can also be found in numerous locations, suggesting that he is not loved among the station's population, and primarily the Unitologist portion of it.
He is Isaac Clarke and Ellie Langford's primary opposition in their escape from Titan Station, and he utilizes numerous automated subsystems as well as teams of Security Officers to halt Isaac's progress throughout the station. There is also evidence of him following the orders of an individual known as Overseer. The Overseer sends a log detailing disappointment in the station's evacuation, and promised retribution against Tiedemann for authorizing it.
Despite his numerous attempts to kill Isaac and his heavy handed attitude, Tiedemann sees himself as a protector of the station's residents. In one audio log he states that his family has a long standing history as runners of the station, and that he wanted to protect the station and its population from the Necromorph outbreak, regardless of orders.
Tiedemann appears genuinely sorry for his need to combat Isaac, apologizing to him regularly and even remarking that Isaac's resourcefulness and determination would be admirable "in more favorable circumstances." This may be the reason he ordered the evacuation in an attempt to save as many people as he could from the Necromorph outbreak on the station despite being ordered not to launch one.
Eventually, Tiedemann's empathy progressively wanes as he becomes more frustrated with his situation, and finally morphs into violent anger as Isaac allows the Necromorphs to breach the Government sector, butchering his men and allowing them to reach the Marker.
After hampering Isaac at every turn, Tiedemann finally confronts him in front of the Site 12 Marker. Tiedemann tried to explain himself to Isaac then the Convergence event began. At this point Tiedemann has sustained horrific wounds from an earlier explosion, caused by the Marker's Convergence Event, which has left him badly burned down his right side to the point that his skull and muscle tissue is showing.
In rage, he shoots Isaac with a Javelin spear to the chest and then to the hand. He declares that he won't allow the sacrifice of the populace and the Marker research to go waste because of him. Isaac, however, gains the upper hand, breaking Tiedemann's arm and impaling him in the neck with his own Javelin Gun.
Isaac can then choose to execute him with a shot to the back of the head which completely decapitates him, or electrocute him, shoot him anywhere else in the body or leave him to die from his inflicted neck wound.
- If Isaac fails to pull out the first javelin, he will fall to his knees in pain. Tiedemann shoots another javelin through his neck. While Isaac is sitting helplessly choking from the javelin, Tiedemann shoots a third one through his head completely decapitating Isaac.
- If Isaac succeeds to pull out the first Javelin but fails to do so with the second, Isaac will fall to his knees trying to pull out the bolt. Tiedemann shoots a javelin in Isaac's shoulder and another one in the side of Isaac's head, completely decapitating him.
- If Isaac succeeds in pulling out both javelin bolts, Tiedemann will aim the Javelin Gun at Isaac's head and shoot, but Isaac dodges and grabs a hold of Tiedmann's hand and breaks it. He then takes the Javelin Gun and fires a bolt in Tiedemann's neck, who falls on his knees choking. Isaac loads another bolt in the gun and takes aim. The death scene is different depending on the player's choice:
- If the player chooses to aim at the head and fire, Isaac will shoot a javelin in Tiedemann's head decapitating him. However, shooting him in the back or shoulder will just make him fall over dead with 2 bolts in him.
- If the player chooses to use the secondary fire, Tiedemann will be electrocuted and fall to the ground burning.
- If the player misses the shot, or simply chooses not to fire, Tiedemann will choke and fall to the ground dead.
- Lester Purry provides his voice and likeness to Tiedemann.
- Strangely enough, if one were to pay close attention, it will appear as if Tiedeman still has some health left after choking to death/being shot by Isaac. His RIG bar will still display a small (red, critical) fraction of health left and will not reduce to zero. This is likely the result of a glitch, as several other characters, Isaac included, when killed too suddenly, their RIGs would still display the amount of health they have before death.
- In the multiplayer mode of Dead Space 2, Tiedemann serves as the supervisor of a security force unit, instructing and providing directions to the squad as they proceed with their objectives. 
- In a log left behind by Tiedemann, he makes insights that humanity's reliance on destructive planet cracking will render humanity extinct unless they learn to understand the Markers.
- Symbols much like those that adorn the Marker can be seen etched into Tiedemann's burned forehead; this is especially noticeable when he attempts to launch the final Javelin Spike into Isaac's head. When translated, they read "pain".
- Tiedemann's family had been running the Sprawl for many years prior to the Marker incident.