Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "We’re trying to figure out ways to have players slow down and be a part of the world that are organic and logical and not artificial game design. This is an enemy that’s designed to do that. He’s called the Flytrap..."
- —Art director Ian Milham revealing Necromorphs that are being designed for Dead Space 2 in an article for Game Informer.
The Flytrap is a Necromorph that was planned to appear in Dead Space 2, but was ultimately cut.This Necromorph's appearance is that of a standard human body that has been suspended from the ceiling by its hands and feet. The entire front of the creature has had the skin ripped off, and its innards hang out from its torso.
The Flytrap was intended to act as a standard enemy as well as an environmental hazard. It was designed to lure the player from a certain location and attack them when they were within its proximity, similar to Guardians. The creature went through several revisions before its final form was created.
- The Game Informer article Dead Space 2: The Evolution of a Necromorph details the creation of the Flytrap, and the various previous iterations of the creature before the final design.
- Art director Ian Milham said that the Flytrap may make a return, possibly in a comic or novel.
- The Flytrap looks almost identical to an immature Guardian from the original Dead Space
- The Flytrap was also speculated to appear in Dead Space 3, but this was ultimately proven false.