Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Flashlight is a portable, battery-operated device used for illumination. A typical unit consists of one or more dry cell batteries arranged in a line inside a battery compartment that forms the handle of the light. The flow of electricity from the batteries to the bulb at the front end of the light is controlled through a switch mechanism placed between the batteries and the lamp.
The flashlight is a common attachment found on tools and weapons, used to enhance the wielder's vision and accuracy. In Dead Space 2, Isaac is provided a flashlight by Foster Edgars to assist him in maneuvering around the Sprawl. While lacking any direct offensive capabilities, the flashlight can be swung around violently to break the limbs of Necromorphs and smash objects. Other than that, the flashlight provides lighting for Isaac in dark areas of the Sprawl hospital and has a single laser pointer that helps Isaac aim while using Kinesis.
Later on, Isaac jury-rigs the flashlight with a surgical tissue laser to form a fully functional Plasma Cutter.
It could be understood that the flashlight itself has a rather modular design, and that it operates using the same type of energy cells as the Plasma Cutter, seeing how Isaac simply ripped off the front cover and twisted the medical cutter into the device without additional wiring/welding. It is unclear how and from where did a rotational cufflink get integrated onto the newly-made Cutter, though it could have been attached to the tissue cutter when Isaac retrieves the module.
- The flashlight is the first tool in Dead Space 2. Isaac Clarke finds it in a locker alongside a Small Med Pack in Chapter 1.
- The flashlight was apparently made by CEC, as a small, faded CEC logo can be seen near the grip to the right of the tool.
- The flashlight gains one targeting laser after Kinesis is obtained which enables Isaac to aim and fire dismembered blades.
- A welder sharing the Flashlight's appearance is present in Dead Space 3. When the USM Eudora is hit by mines in Chapter 2, Isaac hands Norton the welder although it seems to be a welding tool instead of just a flashlight.
- It is possible that the Flashlight used by Isaac in Dead Space 2 is a welder, and Isaac was simply unaware of its welding capabilities or had no reason to use the function.