Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Firing Range is located in the Armory aboard the USM Valor. After clearing out the Divider (along with its limb-spawns) and several Exploders infesting the room, Isaac can activate the panel on the Firing Range to begin a shooting program consisting of shooting red targets to earn points and avoiding shooting at blue targets. There are 9 target holders a short distance in front of the standing area, and five levels of increasing difficulty to beat to earn all the prizes, which appears on a small platform in front of the menu screen of the Firing Range.
By completing the fifth level in this minigame, you unlock the achievement "Crackshot". The prizes are as follows:
- When you play this minigame, you are granted unlimited ammunition (Only for the target range). Fire away!
- Levels are beaten by shooting all of the red targets that appear along with not shooting any blue targets, earning a flawless score in the process.
- As levels increase, you must shoot more red targets that spend less time exposed.
- Use a weapon with instantaneous projectile speed, such as the Plasma Cutter or the Pulse Rifle.
- You get/lose the same amount of points for hitting a target, regardless of where exactly you hit them.
- Standing further back helps as it reduces the time required to sweep the gun from the leftmost target to the rightmost. Standing too far back will immediately exit the mini-game, which in itself can be useful if you miss an early target in the level and want to restart it right away.
- Standing to the side helps as it prioritizes 2/3 of the field. While this does cause the other 1/3 to be harder to hit, this still tips the odds in your favor
- After you've beaten level 5 and acquire the Power Node, don't continue to play any further as you will not get anymore prizes for completing levels 1-5 again.
- Don't worry about dismemberment, one hit fully dismembers a target.
- It is useful to not aim when looking for a target. Since you can just immediately snap to the target by moving the camera to it, then aiming, which is faster than the aiming camera.
- The Shooting Gallery is one of two minigames in Dead Space, the other being Zero-G Basketball.
- While the firing range is actived, you will have infinite ammo for all guns. The effect however is canceled when the game ends.