Date of death:
|Chronological and political information|
- "Is that dad? Thanks for the present dad! When you're coming home?
Okay, I love you dad. Who wants to play a soldier?!"
- —Dylan in an audio log
Living on the planet Uxor, Dylan was raised by his mother while his father was kept largely preoccupied by his EarthGov duties. In spite of his father's frequent absences, Dylan idolized his father's role as a soldier and was largely understanding of why he was away all the time.
During a conversation on Dylan's birthday, John tries to discourage Damara from entertaining their son with the possibility of becoming a soldier after he receives a toy soldier as a gift. John didn't want his son to experience his hardships, especially being unable to adjust and balance his duties with family life.
When the Unitologists attack Uxor in an effort to "free" the Shroud 4 Marker, the EMP emitted from the Marker knocks down all communications and vehicles; Carver is helpless to stop the ship that plummets from orbit and destroys most of the Residential Sector. During his race to reach his family, Dylan and his mother are killed by Jacob Danik, the leader of the Circle. Carver is left with no choice but to kill them when they are transformed into Necromorphs.
Carver's Hallucinations Edit
- "What are you afraid of? She's waiting for you."
- —Dylan in Carver's hallucination
- It is strange how he was turned into a Slasher when he was transformed, as usually humans of his age are converted into members of the Pack.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dead Space 3: Chapter 2: On Your Own
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dead Space 3: Chapter 11: Signal Hunting - Optional Mission: Archaeology
- ↑ Dead Space 3: Chapter 4: History's Ember - Optional Mission: CMS Brusilov
- ↑ Dead Space 3: Chapter 14: Everything Has Its Place - Optional Mission: Marker Containment