Equipment Packs Edit
First Contact Pack Edit
- First Contact Suit and Negotiator.
- This pack was included with the Limited Edition, but could be purchased separately.
Witness the Truth Pack Edit
- Witness Suit and Evangelizer.
- This pack was included with the Limited Edition, but could also be purchased separately.
Marauder Pack Edit
Sharpshooter Pack Edit
Tundra Recon Pack Edit
Tau Volantis Survival Kit Edit
The Tau Volantis Survival Kit was a downloadable content bundle pack containing the contents of the Marauder Pack, Sharpshooter Pack, Tundra Recon Pack and the Bot Accelerator.
EG-900 SMG and Tesla Enervator Edit
- EG-900 SMG and Tesla Enervator.
- Originally available exclusively as pre-order bonuses, these are now available individually as DLC.
Scavenger Bot Upgrades Edit
Bot Capacity Upgrade Edit
The Bot Capacity Upgrade doubled the resource storage capacity of Scavenger Bots so more resources are delivered to the Bench.
- Since resource locations could only be harvested by one bot each, this was the most beneficial upgrade.
Bot Accelerator Edit
The Bot Accelerator decreased the harvesting time for Scavenger Bots by 50% so resources are delivered to the Bench faster.
Bot Personality Pack Edit
The Bot Personality Pack upgraded Scavenger Bots with a personality module, allowing them to vocalize their thoughts when deployed. The personality resembled a butler with a British accent who was quite vocal about how unhappy that he was to be in your employ.
Resource Packs Edit
The game allowed players to purchase resources for either real life currency or using Ration Seals acquired from Scavenger Bots while playing the game. These packs also included random MK V weapon components. Weapons made using a MK V 'Tip', for example had a gold skin. Resources and weapon components from resource packs carried over into any future game playthroughs and are provided at the first Bench that you encountered in any new game.
Ultra Weapon and Resource PackEdit
- One MK V Weapon Part.
- 50% Chance of a second MK V Weapon Part.
- 120 Tungsten, 400 Semiconductors, 1000 Scrap Metal, 200 Somatic Gel and 100 Transducers.
Epic Weapon and Resource PackEdit
- Two MK V Weapon Parts.
- 50% Chance of a third MK V Weapon Part.
- 240 Tungsten, 800 Semiconductors, 2000 Scrap Metal, 400 Somatic Gel and 200 Transducers.
As you could see, it made more sense to buy two Ultra packs in place of one Epic since it gave you a greater expected number of MK V Weapon Parts in the long run.
Unfortunately, Resource Packs are automatically added to your available resources at the start of every new game (Both New Game and New Game+) so once purchased, you could never again start a game "from scratch."
Note: Players may experience a bug in the PC version of Dead Space 3, preventing the purchase of resource packs.
Awakened was the first story DLC pack for Dead Space 3. Dead Space 3: Awakened was released on March 12, 2013 on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, PC and Origin for 800 Microsoft points or $9.99.
Based after the events of Dead Space 3, Isaac and Carver awoke after falling through the sky with the Moon. When they learned that the threat was not entirely put to an end, they both attempted to find a ship and return to Earth.
Bonus Content Edit
- EG-900 SMG (Gamestop Pre-order Bonus).
- Tesla Enervator (Amazon Pre-order Bonus).
- First Contact Bundle: First Contact Suit and Negotiator (Limited Edition Content).
- Witness the Truth Bundle: Witness Suit and Evangelizer (Limited Edition Content).
- Planet Cracker Plasma Cutter (Dead Space 2 Reward).
- N7 Armor (Mass Effect 3 Reward).
Slim Jim PromotionEdit
After entering a code, you are allowed to choose the prize that you want to unlock.
- Broadbow Arc Cutter (Slim Jim/EA Every Code Wins Promotion Reward).
- Note the Broadbow Arc Cutter, the Negotiator Line Gun and the Sharpshooter Line Gun shared identical statistics and none could use a Rotator Cuff.
- EL1 Rapido (Slim Jim/EA Every Code Wins Promotion Reward).
- The Skewer (Slim Jim/EA Every Code Wins Promotion Reward).
- ↑ http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-3/PC-BUG-REPORT-Cannot-spend-Ration-Seals/td-p/475478/page/8
- ↑ http://www.deadspace.com/dead-space-3-pre-order-limited-edition
- ↑ http://www.deadspace.com/news/article/exclusive-planet-cracker-plasma-cutter
- ↑ http://www.deadspace.com/news/article/dead-space-3-n7-armor
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 http://www.everycodewins.com/slimjim/dob.do