Laser-sliced lead alloy
Rate of Fire (SPD):
Three-round burst, Fully Automatic
The Divet is a compact pistol with fully automatic fire. The Divet fires laser-sliced slugs composed of lead alloy in primary fire mode, and shoots three slugs simultaneously in secondary fire mode. It proved very effective on humans, as a shot from the Divet perforated the head of one crewman who was driven insane by the Marker and the Necromorphs. Another demonstration of its power was given by Kendra Daniels, who blasted a roughly fist sized hole in Dr. Kyne's chest with a well-placed shot.
Because the Divet fires an armor-piercing slug designed to penetrate the surface armor on a RIG, its firepower against Necromorphs is rather poor; the bullets simply punch through with very little actual damage done to them. This makes the Divet not particularly suited to killing them, as the Divet was not meant to cut its victims apart. However, concentrated fire gives Divet users some protection against Necromorphs, provided that they are not surrounded by a large number of them.
- The weapon, unlike the Rivet Gun and Plasma Cutter, is not quite as valuable of a weapon, and players may opt to use a different weapon during the course of the game. Although generally weak, the alternative firing mode has a shotgun slug-like effect, and can blow off limbs, but uses three rounds of ammo in order to do so.
- While the Divet isn't very effective against common Necromorph enemies, its accuracy and rapid fire make it very useful against the small target tentacles of the Urchin and the Spider.
- Dead Space (Comics)
- Dead Space: Downfall
- Dead Space: Extraction
- Dead Space: Aftermath
- Dead Space (Unusable)
- Dead Space 2 (Unusable)
- Its name was revealed in Game Informer's April 2009 issue, in a section about Dead Space: Extraction, in which the pistol is a usable weapon. It should be noted that in Extraction, it has a different design, which means that there are variants of the pistol; or the pistols in Downfall are just exclusive to that movie, as the P-Sec pistols in Extraction are vastly different from those used in Downfall.
- In the Extraction game, the P-Sec pistol first appears as the starting weapon in Chapter 2 with Nathan McNeill, a P-Sec Detective.
- The Divet power and functionality varies in the Dead Space universe: in Dead Space: Downfall, it took a barrage of continuous fire from multiple guns to take down one Slasher. It also didn't show a burst-fire capability. In Dead Space: Extraction, one Divet can take down a Slasher in a few shots with no need for dismemberment. It also demonstrates a burst-fire capability. In Dead Space, the gun has the most power, able to blow a human head to smithereens and punch huge holes in a ribcage.
- The Divet in Dead Space Downfall are fitted with Muzzle Compensators.
- The Divet is seen in Dead Space used by Kendra Daniels, however it is not a usable weapon for Isaac.
- The Divet also makes an appearance in Chapter 3 of Dead Space 2 in the room before the first gunship attack. It is laying near the 5th Unitologist text panel, and can be manipulated with kinesis.
- Another Divet may be found after the gunship attack, upon entering the church. It is located in the room to the right and is laying amongst the bodies of Unitologists.