Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Point(s) of Interest:||
The crew deck has several small lounges, made in one room with some chairs and sofas, around a big projector. The Executive Lounge and Executive Quarters are located here, as is the Executive Shuttle.
The Crew Deck tram station looks mostly like the others around the Ishimura. Though it does have some different qualities. The darkened platform does not show any present light, although the area is illuminated with the light shining from Mercer's lanterns.
A spacious, two level room, where miners, doctors, technicians, and other workers aboard the Ishimura can relax, socialize, and purchase food from the second level canteen. The first level is more of a lounge type area with sofas and chairs as well as vending machines selling Sun Cola and Meat snacks. The second level is dominated by a large U shaped mess hall where off duty workers could buy full meals and drinks. On the walls were posters with announcements and adverts as well as CEC pennants.
Actually several smaller sections, where the crewmen and workers of the Ishimura slept. Each worker was assigned a personal bunk where they could sleep, relax, and have some privacy.
The Crew deck contained at least three known sleep blocks bunks and commons, labelled Block A, Block B and Block C.
- Sleep Block Bunks
Block B chamber was breached and its atmosphere compromised, eventually turning the chamber into a vacuum room. Actual cause of this damage is unknown, though it is entirely possible that a large Necromorph entity, potentially a Drag Tentacle, caused the aforementioned damage. Block C is the closest chamber to the Zero-G Basketball Court. It is the most heavily infested chamber out of the three sleeping blocks. This is because of a significant number of ship personnel retreated to the confines of Sleep Block C, and were able to survive the initial ravaging of the Crew Deck. However, under the direction of the deranged Challus Mercer, the entire group committed mass suicide.[note 1]
- Sleep Block Commons
Like every other area of the ship, it is littered with the bodies and furniture that was once there. Commons is a relaxing place for workers and family members where they could go to relax and enjoy their time off. Commons held tables, chairs, vending machines, and restroom facilities. Most of the Commons areas have advertising posters, and in one there is a holographic display possibly able to show TV, or ship-wide announcements to the crew.
Recreational Hall Edit
The Recreational Hall is a larger hallway complete with an elevator, restroom, waiting room, Zero-G Basketball access, with a Guardian and an Enhanced Slasher you will need to kill. When they are dead, you can enter the restroom and then the Zero-G Basketball halls, since the Elevator to Sleep Block A and B is locked, meaning you need the key in the Mess Hall.
Zero-G Basketball Facilities Edit
- Main article: Z-Ball
The Zero-G Basketball court is a spacious room with several artificial gravity plates.
- Executive Quarters
The Executive Block contains the quarters of the Ishimura's most senior staff; Captain Matthius, First Officer White, CSO Kyne, and First Engineer Jacob Temple. It is much the same in layout as Crew Sleeper Blocks, though more opulently furnished, with sofas rather than a projection screen in the center of the room and carpeted.
- Security Room
The security room is a small two section space. The hallway leads from the upper Crew Deck walkway.
- Shuttle Bay
The Executive Shuttle was located here, to be used by senior officers to leave the ship for various reasons. It is not linked to the other shuttles on the Ishimura, hence why it was not jettisoned during the initial chaos. Unfortunately, it is missing a singularity core and the navigation cards have been removed, rendering the shuttle useless until they can be located.
It is believed that the Crew Deck also contained a movie theater of sorts.[note 2]
- Upon arriving at the mess hall, the player witnesses the brutal murder of Jacob Temple at the hands of Challus Mercer.
- This Deck, along with the Vestri, is where Chapter 4: Rendezvous With Fate of Dead Space: Extraction takes place.
- This is where Chapter 10: End of Days of Dead Space takes place.
- Some of the sleeper bunks appear "tipped over" rather than destroyed or torn up, indicating that they are modularly designed rather than bolted directed into the ship. This makes sense, as realistically speaking, the Ishimura's crew can rearrange, add or remove the number of beds to make room for additional living or cargo space.
- ↑ As only a final "survivor" was still alive when Isaac Clarke located the hideaway committed suicide, it is unclear exactly how the massacre took place; a number of possibilities exist. First, it is entirely possible that the entire group willingly killed themselves, either under Mercer's instruction or from despair; also, part of the group could have killed the others for similar reasons.
- ↑ Posters in the Mess Hall of the Crew Deck allude to a movie theater on board the Ishimura, intended to entertain off duty workers or their families.