|Power from the Sun|
|Game:||Dead Space 2|
|Previous Chapter:||I Need Some Transportation|
|Next Chapter:||Through the CEC|
|Dead Space Wiki has a walkthrough guide to this level, Chapter 7: Power from the Sun. See Chapter 7: Power from the Sun/Walkthrough.|
- "Isaac: Ellie! Come in!
Ellie: Isaac! We have to cross to the Government Sector before they cut us off! You'll never make it down here in time!
Isaac: I'll be there! I'll be there!'"
- —Isaac to Ellie, just before the HALO jump
Chapter 7: Power from the Sun is the seventh chapter of Dead Space 2.
This chapter takes place primarily in the vast Solar Array Network.
Isaac moves from the Transport Hub in the CEC Facility towards a lift that will take him to the Solar Array. Reaching the lift Isaac finds out that it is floating at the bottom of the elevator shaft so he flies down and raises it up with some Rocket Canisters. Boarding the lift he starts going up only to be attacked by multiple Tripods which he successfully fights off. Finally reaching the Solar Array he navigates the Facility guarded by ANTI. After passing the booby trap filled rooms he reaches the Mainframe of ANTI and successfully deactivates it. But with the computers off now he has to align the Panels manually. He then proceeds to the Solar Panels where he is confronted by yet another Nicole Hallucination in the Rocket Chair Room. Exiting the room he starts to align the panels and also fights off a Nest. Now with the power online he goes back to the Rocket Chair Room only to be informed by Ellie that a large group of Necromorphs is destroying everything in their path. Fearing that they will be cut off from Gov Sec Isaac sits down in the Rocket Chair and starts a head down dive towards the Sprawl's surface. Dodging large debris Isaac reaches the surface and proceeds to meet up with Ellie and Stross.
In order of appearance:
- Slashers/Enhanced Slashers
- Divider Components
- The Pack
- The first Nest is fought in this chapter.
- The Ishimura can actually be seen from the Zero-G area outside the Solar Array (see picture).
- The HALO Jump takes place in this chapter.
- On the back of the seat that blasts Isaac down to the Sprawl, to initiate the HALO jump, one can read the inscription "MC 90". This was the development team's desired MetaCritic target score.
- During the HALO jump, when the giant debris block comes into the scene, at some point it will completely hide the Sprawl beneath, out of view. This happens on purpose, so that the low LOD model of the Sprawl can be swapped seamlessly with a higher resolution model, without the player noticing.
- If you kill all the Tripods during the lift sequence, you will gain the 'Elevator Action' achievement.
- Deactivating ANTI will give you the achievement 'Shut Down'.
- Completing the Solar Array Puzzle will give you the 'Powered Up' achievement.
- Dead Space 2's Peng trophy is found in this chapter and awards the "Collect Peng" achievement.
- You can look out the top window in the elevator room to see a distant Solar Array.
- A glitch may occur that removes the mirrors of the Solar Array's arms. With the mirrors gone, you have to restart the checkpoint, or die and try again.
- While in the Transport Hub, if you look out the main window in the center, you will see the Solar Array.
- In between this chapter and Chapter 6, on the Xbox 360 version of the game, is the point where you will need to insert disc 2.
- The Rocket Chair's exact function is unknown, as there is no decernable reason why someone would use the rocket chair as a mode of transportation unless they were in Isaac's exact situation. Also, there is no landing platform on the other side of the jump gap, making the Rocket Chair even less practical.
- The character Howard Phillips is a reference to the early horror author Howard Phillips Lovecraft whose descriptions of monsters bare a resemblance to Nercomorphs.
- Logs in Howard Phillip's rooms make reference to breaking quarantine with reguard to his pets but seems to have no baring on the Necromorph outbreak.