|Game:||Dead Space 3|
|Previous Chapter:||Prologue: Beginnings|
|Next Chapter:||On Your Own|
|Objective:|| Escape The Lunar Colony
|Dead Space Wiki has a walkthrough guide to this level, Chapter 1: Rude Awakening. See Chapter 1: Rude Awakening/Walkthrough.|
Rude Awakening is the first chapter of Dead Space 3.
Isaac Clarke wakes up in his room and is confronted by Robert Norton and John Carver. They explain Ellie Langford has disappeared while on a mission regarding the Markers and they ask Isaac help them find her or she will surely die.
Isaac joins Carver and Norton, but they are confronted by Unitologist terrorists. One terrorist jumps on top of a car near Isaac and blows himself up with a grenade, sending Isaac and /or Carver plummeting into the sewers below. After fighting several armed Unitologists in the sewer, Isaac and Carver use their Stasis Module to cross a freeway full of automated vehicles.
The two encounter a blood-drenched room of unitologists and take the elevator up, where they are ambushed by Unitologists and Jacob Danik. Danik activates a bomb,blowing up the marker containment facility thus allowing the marker signals into the city. Isaac fights him as Danik tries to execute him, falling onto a pile of corpses. Isaac and Carver awakens and encounters their first group of Necromorphs. Fighting their way through the apartment what looks like a shopping center, Isaac and John make their way into a train station, where they must couple two train cars before progressing.
Once on the train, Isaac and Carver is attacked again by Unitologists. Norton flies their ship, the Eudora, just above the train during the battle. After making it to the front car, Isaac barely grabs hold of the ship. Carver grabs his hand to help him on board when the ship suddenly takes off.
In order of appearance:
- At the beginnning of the level in Isaac's apartment, the player can find an audio log which an automated machine warns Isaac that he has been failing to pay his rent.
- Oddly, an eerie banging and growling can be heard as soon as Isaac leaves his apartment, even though the subject Marker had not been exposed so there couldn't have been any necromorphs. The most plausible explaination could be that its a big dog like a German Shepherd or Rottweiler.
- The name of the apartment block Isaac is staying in is the "Red Moon", foreshadowing the Brethren Moon and the final area of the game "Blood Moon". It can be seen after exiting the front doors of the building.
- After exiting the DredgerCorp building, in the mall area, there is a shop that lists "the Nexus" as a purchasable meal, obviously foreshadowing the Nexus.
- There are two Benches and one Suit Kiosk in this chapter. The Benches are inaccessible unless this chapter is played on New Game+, and the suit kiosk is only available to Carver.
- If the chapter is played in Classic Mode, Carver will toss Isaac's Plasma Cutter (moved into the horizontal position) at him in the opening cutscene instead of a Submachine Gun.
After 200 years later, and we are with Isaac Clarke now. Grab the medium med pack directly in front of you. There are both text and audio logs to check out in Issac's room, then head out. Go right to find a small med pack, then go back to the left to get to an unlocked door. Outside, you run into two of the remaining forces ofEarthGov that are being attacked by Unitologists. Provide cover while you move toward the police cars, until you get stopped. Now, run under the overpass and kill the two Unitologists ahead of you. Keep on going forward until a Unitologist suicide grenadier runs at you. Avoid the searchlight as you move up the ramp. Climb up the blue glowing ladder to get a new objective. Before you head out, loot the room by smashing the crates and searching the lockers. Move through the doors now, until you see a woman being shot to death. Move towards her body, and prepare for the couple of guys who are trying to kill you. Take them out, and move down the hallway until you are stopped by a highway. Use your stasis power to cause a large enough wreck to stop the traffic. In the room next to where you are now, there is an EarthGov artifact, so go collect that. Climb up the ladder and walk across the skywalk to get to more crates and lockers for extra gear. Load up, then head through the door by the ladder. Move through the door into a hallway, then into a large corporate lobby. Look around for lockers, then go to the elevator, and ride it up. That didn't go too well for Issac. Now, protect yourself from those two Necromorphsattacking you. Loot the lockers, then head through the door in the lab. In the next room, there will be several Necromorphs waiting to attack. Kill them all, then look through the rooms for lockers and gear. Take another elevator down this time. Right behind the desk when the doors open is aUnitology artifact. Now go through the door to the right. This will take you into a gift shop. Make your way through to the door on the other side of the room. You are now outside. Make your way past several enemies, and head towards the subway. Once down there, kill the two Necromorphs, then head to the elevator in the office on the left. Use Kinesis to move the train engine to the middle platform. Once the platform finishes spinning, move it back off the platform. Repeat this for the train cars as well. Now, board the train in the rear. Make your way along the train, killing the guards in your way. At the end, jump into the back of the ship before it takes off.