|Point(s) of Interest:||
The Bridge was the command and control center of the USG Ishimura. It consisted of several sections: The Atrium which was the Bridge of the Ishimura, the Captain's Nest which was Captain Mathius' personal observation area, Administration where the ship's section leaders worked and Communications/External Access where the Communications Array was located. The various sections are serviced by elevators accessed from the Atrium. The escape pods are located outside the Captain's Nest. The Bridge controls are largely holographic based. All around the Bridge are various stations with holographic displays. When Isaac entered the main atrium, all of the holographic displays read "System Failure."
The Command Deck was separated into three distinct levels.
Level 01 - Mining AdministrationEdit
MA Hall StorageEdit
A hall storage containing a few pickups and a valuable air recharge if needed.
The Mining Administration room was the workplace for the direction and planning of the Ishimura and her massive mining operations, sending commands to and from the mining teams. It was the essential brain behind the ship's brawn.
MA Computer RoomEdit
The primary processing core for the MA's computer banks, linked to the computer core (See the USG Ishimura article for further information regarding the computer core).
The Storage Rooms are where the Crew Members kept items such as Medical Packs and ammunition.
- Storage Room A
- Storage Room B
- Storage Room C
Level 02 - Main AtriumEdit
The primary area of the Bridge. This was where the Ishimura and it's various systems are monitored and controlled by the Bridge's crew. It was a wide open area with terminals all along the room's perimeter and access to the Captain's Nest at the front and an elevator providing access to Communications and Mining Administration in the middle of the room. Access to the Atrium from other parts of the ship was only possible via a security checkpoint at the deck's Tram Station.
The Captain's Nest itself was a restricted area and only officers holding the rank of level 5 are allowed to enter. The Captain's personal office and observatory, equipped with Executive override controls in the event of a mutiny. A large holoprojector showed a realtime image of the Aegis VII mining operations.When the Ishimura was docked on the Sprawl, several escape pods are installed here. Isaac took the one that Zach Hammond used to jettison a trapped Slasher in 2508 to escape the Ishimura.
Bridge Security RoomEdit
Ship Systems Storage AEdit
Level 03 - Communications/External AccessEdit
ADS Lower HallEdit
ADS Outside AccessEdit
The ADS Controls contained the Cannon Pit for ADS Cannon 47 along with it's gravity fed ammo chains and manual override firing seat.
Comm Array AirlockEdit
Comm Array ChamberEdit
Ship Exterior AccessEdit
Storage Room 47Edit
- This was where the second part of Chapter 9: Escaping the Ishimura of Dead Space: Extraction took place.
- This was where Chapter 4: Obliteration Imminent and Chapter 8: Search and Rescue of Dead Space took place.
- The final portion of Chapter 10: Deja Vu on the Ishimura in Dead Space 2 took place on the Bridge before Isaac left the ship through an escape pod.
- This was where the player first encountered a Brute in Dead Space.
- The Bridge in Dead Space: Downfall has a different layout with a holographic display showing Aegis VII near the front, where in-game the display is in the Captain's Nest.
- It could be theorised that it can be moved from one room to another within the bridge, but it appears to be fixed down. This is most likely an error.
- The Bridge was the last deck to be overrun by the Necromorphs.
- The Multiplayer map in Dead Space 2 which took place on the Ishimura's Bridge seemed very different to any levels or decks that we saw in either game. It could just be an unknown area of the vessel or redesigned for gameplay purposes.
- Curiously, the Multiplayer map variant resembled the Bridge from Downfall more than how the games depicted it.
- In Dead Space, when Kendra and Hammond reach the bridge shortly after Isaac repairs the Tram system, Hammond mentions the Bridge was "a mess", stating there were no survivors. When Isaac enters the bridge himself however, there are no signs of necromorph attacks or fatalities at all.
- Interesting to note, the first Brute encountered on the bridge is behind an enclosed door. The door is locked, preventing access until after the Brute breaks through. It is unknown how a Necromorph of that size could have wound up in the room, as a Brute cannot travel through the ventilation system.
- It is a probability that the Brute was formed from the corpses of three unnamed bridge officers who had taken refuge within the room. It is also possible that it was trapped inside by members of the crew that later got killed.
- It appears that the crew that was on the admin room turned insane by the dementia induced by the Marker 3A. They killed each other and the last one appeared to have painted "signs" in blood leading to the admin room. Text saying "Take us" is finally written on the wall next to the door leading to the room. The crew appeared to have sacrificed themselves for them to be mutated by the Necromorphs after going insane, similary to some of the crew of the ship as well as the colony.