In the beginning of Chapter 8: Off The Grid, Isaac and Carver wake up from a very troublesome decent into Tau Volantis, with them suffering from extreme hypothermia. Fortunately, they are able to warm up with nearby fires. If Isaac or Carver stays away from a heat source for too long, their body temperatures will begin to drop. The longest Isaac and Carver can stay alive for without any heat is 4 minutes, before they will collapse and die. Isaac and Carver will have to deal with this until the beginning of Chapter 9, where they will be required to obtain a new suit to survive the artic.
- Strangely enough, even Carver's suit is unable to properly seal itself, thus exposing him to the cold temperatures of Tau Volantis, even though it is visually in the same condition as in the chapter before the crash landing.
- Even if Isaac or Carver had the Arctic Survival Suit before crashing onto Tau Volantis, they will still go through hypothermia. This is most likely for gameplay purposes.
- The RIG displays temperatures in Celsius scale. It is unknown if it can display it in Fahrenheit as well, considering that a vast majority of S.C.A.F. personnel and space fearing citizens are most likely from the North American sector.
- It is also possible that the standard scale of temperature inter-globally- and galactically around EarthGov space is Celcius in the 26th centuary, hence the lack of Fahrenheits.
- The Sovereign Colonies set up safety measures to avoid personnel from wondering into the cold without proper protection. Automated door mechanisms in certain structures will detect if the incoming person is wearing a cold suit or not, and lock down until that person has acquired a proper suit with insulation against the cold.