Alternative Fire, often abbreviated as "alt-fire", refers to the secondary fire for all weapons, which can usually be upgraded the same as any weapon's Primary Fire. Alternative Fire is usually meant for use in situations that are more drastic and require a stronger force.
The feature can be activated by pressing the right bumper for the Xbox 360, the R2 button for the PS3 or the right mouse button with the spacebar for the PC.
List of Alternative FiresEdit
- Flamethrower - Fires a burst of flame consuming 10 rounds in Dead Space. Fires a canister of fuel as a makeshift bomb with incendiary properties in Dead Space 2.
- Javelin Gun - Delivers a bolt of electricity through the Javelin Spears, and can be upgraded to explode after the bolt is done.
- 211-V Plasma Cutter - Changes the beam from vertical to horizontal and vice versa.
- Line Gun - Shoots out a timed mine. This can can get you an achievement/trophy.
- Pulse Rifle - Initiates an overhead 360-degree sweep in Dead Space. Launches out a grenade that consumes several Pulse Rounds in Dead Space 2. Fires a shotgun-like blast in Dead Space: Extraction.
- Ripper - Shoots out a single high-velocity Ripper Blade to cut through several enemies at once.
- Seeker Rifle - Allows wielder to zoom in using the scope. Damage increases.
- Detonator - Disarms the last fired and deployed Detonator Mine. Subsequent presses disarms more mines.
- Force Gun - Launches a force grenade that explodes on upon impact with a necromorph in Dead Space. Fires a long range beam of kinetic energy capable of punching through multiple necromorphs in Dead Space 2.
- Contact Beam - Emits a pulse of kinetic energy that knocks away all nearby enemies and objects. Can be upgraded to put all affected enemies into stasis in Dead Space 2.