20% Damage Resistance
Stasis Module recharge time is halved
The Advanced Suit is a state-of-the-art suit used by elite combat teams. Like the other suits in Dead Space 2, thrusters are located on the legs and clavicles and also includes a separating, folding helmet. The Schematic of this suit is found in Chapter 11, in a Power Node storage room. It has 25 inventory slots and 20% armor, and gives a passive bonus of decreasing the recharge time on your Stasis Module by 50%.
This suit relies on highly classified technology and is intended for elite forces operating in dangerous situations and the harshest of environments. Like all other full-body vacuum-rated suits, the Advanced Suit is self-sealing, meaning that it will seal itself if punctured or otherwise damaged in a manner which compromises the wearer's exposure. This allows operators to work in the vacuum of space or other similarly hazardous environments.
The suit costs 40,000 Credits at the Store, or 36,000 with the Vintage Suit on. The Advanced Suit has a special feature that halves Stasis recharge time, further enhancing the lethality of the Advanced Suit. It is the best suit available in the first playthrough of Dead Space 2.
- The Advanced suit is the last suit you find in your first playthrough.
- In the Dead Space 2 demo, the Advanced Suit features a passive bonus that gives all weapons a 15% bonus to damage. In the final game, however, the weapon bonus was omitted from this suit and instead added to the Elite Advanced Suit.
- Note on the box cover depicting the Advanced Suit's front helmet, Isaac's eyes are visible through the top eye slit. There is also a Marker Symbol above his left eye.
- Like the Intermediate Engineering Suit in Dead Space, the Advanced Suit is featured in almost all the advertisement for Dead Space 2.
- When Isaac steps out of the Store after purchasing this suit, as with the other suits, the shoulder thrusters will lift. The Advanced Suit has three plates that lift, but only two over Isaac's shoulders will move during Zero-G gameplay. However, the third piece will move occasionally when boosting backwards and turning.
- In Battlefield 3's Multiplayer map, "Epicenter" from the "Aftermath" update, there is an Easter Egg where you can find the Advanced Suit's helmet making breathing sounds in regular intervals.
- The suit was featured in many of the early Dead Space 3 promotional trailers, stills and demo materials. The suit appeared badly worn and damaged; portions torn off and the armor dented, likely from the crash on Tau Volantis. The Advanced Suit was eventually cut from the final game however, being replaced with the EVA Suit.
- Despite being of the most streamlined suit in the Dead Space universe thus far, the Advanced Suit has the bulkiest holo-plate. Even when flipped up, it still protrudes until just before Isaac's chin ends.
- The helmet design of the suit sees return in Dead Space 3 in Isaac's artic and Carver's archeologist suit with minor changes. Notable rehash points are the face plating of the advanced suit with the back end being that of the engineering suit's helm design.
- The Advanced Suit is Isaac's third alternate costume in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.